SAKA Accredited Kite Schools
In order for SAKA to ensure a safe standard of teaching within South Africa, the following system has been implemented.
As of 1 October 2018 all Kite Schools and Instructors will need to apply to SAKA for a Teaching permit (TAG).
These are in the form of a coloured Tag that needs to visibly displayed on the Instructors Harness whilst teaching.
SAKA will issue these tags to Instructors and Schools at the cost of R600 per tag.
This will include your standard SAKA membership fee for the year (Value R300) and your own personal Public Liability cover for being a SAKA member.
What do you need to do to get a Tag?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with copies of the following Information:
- Your Valid Instructor Qualification (IKO, BKSA or similar)
- A copy of your Valid Public Liability Insurance policy or Cover Note from Insurer
- Let us know which local school or shop you are working with or Freelancing for
- Pay the R600 Fee via snapscan or EFT – Membership for Schools/Instructors drop down on the home page
- That’s it…..become SAKA approved and wear your TAG
Accredited Kite Schools as of 01-10-2018 to 30-09-2019