Welcome to the official South African Kitesurfing Association (SAKA) website. Together with the (SAS) South African Sailing Association we strive for the following-
- To promote all aspects of the sport of kitesurfing in South Africa and encourage excellence in it.
- To represent kitesurfing in South Africa by ensuring excellence in competition management and judging.
- To establish South Africa as a premier kitesurfing destination.
- To grow awareness about the sport in the local community at large.
- To support and grow the South African kitesurfing industry.
- To support and grow the South African kitesurfing retail industry.
- To ensure that the IKA and ISAF sailing regulations are enforced.
- To create World Champions.
- RRD WAVE EVENT CLASSIC in BIG BAY
We are back from the RRD Wave Event Classic in Big Bay, 4th leg of the new SAKA Tour organised by Mobe Xtreme Productions.
There was wind on both days, starting off light in the mornings and really pulling through with 30 -35knots in the afternoon.
It was an awesome event and enjoyed by all. Registration started on Friday and Saturday saw the first few rounds of the novice, men & woman pro’s and the masters.
Sunday had stronger winds which made it perfect conditions to finish our final heats in all the disciplines.
The final heats in the pro’s was won by our PKRA ranked rider Luke McGilliwie and Lyde Heckroodt took first podium for the ladies. In the masters Johan Heckroodt won and our main sponsor and international rider Roberto Ricci (RRD) taking 3rd and local rider Mathew Bowyer took first place in the novice division
A splendid weekend was ended with a great prize giving with Ray Long and Lorenzo D on the mic..
The final round of the SAKA tour will take place in Melkbosstrand on the 28th – 30th March 2014... Come join us for more great kite surfing action, beach activities, equipment testing and loads more.
Big thanks to all our sponsors who made this event possible:
RRD Kiteoarding, Best Kiteboarding Africa, Liquid Adrenalin,Naish Kiteboarding, Ikiteboarding, Mystic House, Mobe Xtreme Productions, Long Ocean, Best Kiteboarding school, Thule, Dirty habbits , Chris Benz, Assignment 3, Cabrinha Kiteboarding, Slingshot Kiteboarding and Board house
Well done to all our winners:
1st – Luke Mcgilliwie
2nd – Colin Heckroodt
3rd – Carl Ferreira
4th – Anthony Berzack
1st - Lyde Heckroodt
2nd - Simone Swanepoel
3rd - Megan Jansen Van Rensburg
4th - Suzan Kuipers
1st - Mathew Bowyer
2nd - Adrian Oelofse
3rd - Ben Roodtman
4th - Johan Paarman
1st - John Heckroodt
2nd - Ray Long
3rd - Roberto Ricci
4th - David van der spuy